Here is week two. It was not a crazy due to ballet as week one. Somehow, though, I have no pictures. Words will be coming….
Day 10 – Attend a Christmas party. We rushed from a 2pm performance of the Nutcracker to join the SYF Christmas party. We missed all the entertaining games, but made it for food, fellowship, and the gift exchange. It was a fun time, as it has been in the past number of years. We are so blessed with our co-leaders and a good group of youth willing to have fun and let loose.
Day 11 – Color pictures to give to people at church. I printed off Christmas pictures for the girls to color and then give to people they thought may enjoy it at church. I joined them and we colored with Sharpies (their tool of choice) for about an hour. They took these the next day to color with Grandma Ediger, too.
Day 12 – Watch a Christmas movie and eat popcorn. We let the girls stay up a little late to watch the Frozen Holiday special on TV. It was a fun film.
Day 13 – Stuff and Stamp Christmas cards. This one did not quite happen. I did get the pictures printed in time, the stamps purchased on time, and the letters run off in time. I just didn’t have the address labels printed. So, Jeremy and I ended up doing this job on our own this year. Usually, the girls enjoy putting stickers on all the cards and are good helpers. Maybe next year.
Day 14 – Family Game night. They chose to play Hullabaloo again this year. I figured they would choose Guesstures (charades) because they really enjoy that one, but they went for the throwback.
Day 15 – Make teacher gifts. This year, we made these M&M Pretzel Rings. I thought it would be a no brainer, but accidentally had the oven at 350 instead of 250, so I kinda shocked Ellie’s tray of chocolate making it hard to put on the M&Ms. Still tasty, poor presentation. We also made Cake Batter Truffles. These are easy and exceptionally delicious.
Day 16 – Christmas shopping. We wanted the girls to go along to pick out their gifts for the cousin exchanges. We thought they were probably old enough to start helping with this. I also needed to see if we could locate some Christmas dresses. We accomplished all of it and had an exhausted family by the end. But we did it!
Until the next installment (which might come pretty quickly…
No comments:
Post a Comment