Friday, August 31, 2018

Church Happenings

It was a busy month at church for us – in a very social way.  We had church pictorial pictures to take.  We rarely take a family picture.  It is something I think we should do more often, but we don’t take the time (or the money) to get a professional picture taken. While this is more posed than I may like, it is good to have.  The girls were so excited to get dressed up for their picture.  I snapped one of them before we left.

IMG_5325

The next day, we headed to the annual Salem outing to see the Akron RubberDucks play some baseball.  It is a good time.  This year, we had 36 people!  And the weather was absolutely perfect.  Usually, we try to get to an Indians game as a family, too, but that hasn’t happened this year.  So, for now, we will just call this enough. 

IMG_5327

The following weekend, our Sunday school class got together.  We are going to try to get together once a quarter to hang out, get to know each other, and build relationships.  This is our second time, and I think we all had a great time.  There are a lot of kids, and they all played so well together.  We adults could sit and watch and catch up.  Plus the weather cooperated for us!

IMG_5381

Finally, the church has started playing ultimate frisbee football every Sunday night.  It has been a long time since I played – my college years, I think.  I loved playing then.  I love playing now.  I was much more agile then.  I am at least still moving now.  It is a great way to get a run in, bond with people ages 9-40ish, and brush up my frisbee skills. 

I am so glad for all the opportunities that we have had outside of church to be together.  I think the more we encourage each other just through sharing life, the stronger the body of Christ is.  So, bring on the fun!

No comments: