And the last week got a little crazy…
Day 19 – Thank you letter to Jesus. This just didn’t happen. It should have been easy, fairly quick, and super important. But it was choir night. I was trying to sneak off to see a lady about a puppy. And it just didn’t happen.
Day 20 – Wrap gifts. This happened a little bit on Wednesday and a little bit on Friday. Today, we took the girls to see a puppy. I will post about that separately… just know it threw things off a bit. Oh, and Ellie had Grinch Day at school today. She was convinced at the last minute to at least take the headband and wear it if she felt comfortable. She was worried she would look silly/different than others. But she ended up wearing them all day!
Day 21 – Make hot drinks. I envisioned vanilla steamers, hot cider, or hot chocolate cozily drunk together around the table sharing stories about life. It didn’t happen. Instead, I chopped vegetables while the girls chattered at the table and drank Swiss Miss Hot chocolate – nothing fancy. Hey, you can’t win ‘em all.
Day 22 – Ediger Christmas. Always on the calendar. We really have time for nothing else this day, and what more can you want? I’ll post separately about this, too.
Day 23 – Snowman pancakes. This is on the calendar every year because the girls love it. Basically, I pull out any candies I have, any ice cream syrups, and any fruit. Then, I try to flip super big snowman-ish shaped pancakes. Finally, they decorate them. This year, we invited Grandma Yoh for the fun. Here were the results: Grandma, Jeremy (top left to right); Madison, Ellie and Me (bottom)
Day 24 – Christmas Eve Service. This is a big deal. I love Christmas Eve at my church – the music, the atmosphere, the candlelights. It is nice. The day was a crazy, busy day though, and you can see it in the picture. We started with the movie, Mary Poppins Returns, in the theater with the recliner seats. It was a good movie, just a long one. Then, we went to lunch. After returning home for about an hour, we went to pick up our puppy. (more about that later…) Then, it was shove down supper, wrangle on some clothes, and scramble out the door. But the time was what I needed after a day like that. Thankfully, Jeremy and I had actually wrapped the gifts on Sunday night so we didn’t have to do tonight. We could just relax.
Day 25 – Happy Birthday Baby Jesus!
Other December fun… Madison at school with her friend; Children’s story at church; and Head to Head game at Grandma Yoh’s
No comments:
Post a Comment