I am a few days behind on this one, so I apologize, but here it is.. My last picture was on December 14 (37 weeks, 3 days)
My next picture (with black shorts) is from December 22 (38 weeks, 4 days). There is not a whole lot of visual change in the size of the bump, but there is a difference in my comfort level. I am still getting around fairly well, but sleep is becoming more difficult. My hips hurt by 3ish every morning. It feels like when you are camping out or sleeping on the floor and they are just tender to lay on. If anyone has a suggestion on how to fix this little problem, please let me know. Otherwise, I think I would be sleeping pretty well.
I had the doctor's appointment on Monday - my weekly check-in. He let me know that I am still not dilated at all, but that is probably due to the fact that the baby was still breech. He thinks that the baby is in a pike position (or Frank breech for those wanting a technical term) where the butt is down and feet are up at the head. Jeremy says that at least we know our baby will be flexible :) I could still start labor, or I could just hang out for a while. If I start labor (or if I don't) and the baby is still breech, I will be having a cesearan birth. I was having a very hard time emotionally with that thought/realization, but over the past few days, I have turned the disappointment and unrealistic expectations over to God. It doesn't help to dwell on it. He is providing me with healing from that, and I am anxiously waiting for the next appointment (Monday) when we will discuss the actual day of delivery if the baby remains breech. In the meantime, I am looking forward to traveling to Bricker Christmas and enjoying more family time.
2 comments:
Erin,
Can't wait to see you tomorrow evening. Baby BUMP is definitly TIGHT!!!!!
Dear Erin,
Since your baby is in a "Frank" position it must be a Boy!! And his name has to be Frank Ha! This is my first pathetic email reply to your blog.
Love Dad,
Post a Comment