Saturday, December 12, 2009

Progress and Updates

Today, we are official graduates of all of our child education classes - labor and delivery, breastfeeding, and taking baby home.  I think these classes have been helpful, but it has made for busy times.  Today we learned how to give a baby a sponge bath, diaper, swaddle, signs of sickness, and a variety of other things that we hope to remember.  Our baby job tomorrow is to install our car seat.  My job by Monday is to pack my overnight bag.  Jeremy says is stressed out because that is not done yet.  (I am hoping that the longer I put it off, the longer it will be until delivery day!)  Jeremy did some running around today - errands that needed to be done.  I balanced the checkbook and looked at how to include baby in our budget for 2010.  I also made supper; some may think this is no big deal - but if you ask my husband, you will realize this is a novelty nowadays!  I also worked on making some of the toffee bars that I will need for the cookie exchange with my co-workers on Monday - I need 99 toffee bars to pass out!!!  (That also means that I'll get 99 cookies from others... these will be given as gifts to those in my neighborhood; no need to eat them all myself!)


A few updates... our little Christmas tree and our nativity set are up and ready for the season. Our church had a live nativity on Friday night.  Jeremy was a shepherd with a little 6 year old (I think?) apprentice shepherd.  The church gym area was set up like a Bethlehem marketplace where people could draw water from a well, create clay pots, buy candy, weave headbands, and visit live animals (goats, miniature horses).  The shepherds were supposed to guide the people to the Christ child in another room of the church.  It was really neat, and the church was bustling.  It made me think about Mary traveling on a donkey when 40 weeks (more or less) pregnant.  I feel for her.  Although I am not extremely uncomfortable yet, I would not want to walk or ride a donkey for miles and miles and miles.  Just a new dimension to Christmas this year.


Jeremy put up the pack n play without any complications earlier this week.  It is in the living room ready to be used.  You can see the blanket hanging over the edge.  One of the women in the special ed department knit it for me.  It matches the colors of the nursery perfectly, and is a great larger size for laying out on the floor. 

2 comments:

Kendra George said...

Looks very nice, Erin!! Can't wait to see the new little Yoh, your time is coming so soon!!:):):) And, no I'll answer your question -- your baby will not likely fall asleep when you do!:)

MommaKristi said...

Hey!!! I haven't checked your blog in forever!! So excited to see that you're soooo close and doing well!!! I'll be sure to add you to my google reader so I can keep up on updates on baby Yoh!!!

Take care- and swing by my blogs and say hi!!! Miss you guys!!

Kristi