Thursday, December 24, 2009

Good Things

On Tuesday, I headed out one more time to pick up a few last minute things.  I needed to get a new pair of running shoes - I know I can't run right now, all you jokesters!!  My old shoes will need to be replaced by the next time I really need them.  When we went out shopping about a month or so ago, the shoes I usually get were $89; I hate buying shoes because they are way to expensive.  I put it off and went Monday to Dick's to look again.  I was pretty excited because I saw the shoes were now "only" $79 (plus I had a $10 off coupon) because the new style had just come out; unfortunately, there were none my size.  I asked the shoe lady if she could call other stores, and basically she said it wouldn't help because there weren't many left - so long $69 for Dick's because of the unhelpful sales lady.  So, Tuesday, I went to Sports Authority where I have bought the shoes before.  I was super excited because I found the shoe there for $69 ANDin my size (only one pair left in my size).  I took it up to the counter and they gave me an additional $10 off from some coupon they had in the paper on Sunday.  Yea for Sports Authority!!!

Jeremy and I went out on a date.  It was our Christmas date, and it was good to get out together.  I feel like we have done a lot together, but it has all been baby focused and directed (classes, travel to showers, etc).  This was just about us.  We went to Brio for dinner; I had crab and shrimp cakes; Jeremy had artichoke crusted beef medallions.  Our food was delicious and the service was over the top!  Literally, the minute we got a crumb on the table, our waiter came to clear it - crazy!  We kept most of the conversation focused on reflection of the year and how we were doing, rather than baby, baby, baby.  It was nice.  We headed from there to the movie.  We watched Blind Side.  (If you don't know the movie, click on Blind Side to see the trailer.)  Although Jeremy is usually not so keen on sports movies (because they are "all the same"), he enjoyed this one.  I am always a sucker for sports movies, and this one did not disappoint.  I loved it.  If you have not seen it, we highly recommend it. 

No comments: