Sunday, May 27, 2012

Madison’s First Haircut

On Saturday, we went for Madison’ first haircut.  I got her dressed up for her special day and had prepped her for it for the past week.  Her hair was just getting a little wispy, and I thought I cut might help.  We went to Sweet and Sassy as recommended by friends of ours.  Madison did a great job.  She sat in the chair and laughed at the beginning, got a little spacey in the middle of it, and kept her head pretty still for the whole thing.  She received a compliment from the beautician.  The before and after is not drastic – not enough hair to be drastic – but she did get the back of the hair leveled out some.  Those little curls are still there.  I am thinking they could look super cute as they grow out.  Right now, although cute, they make it look a little disheveled at all times.

    DSC_0096     DSC_0098    DSC_0099

Afterward, she walked out like a model on their runway… a little shy, a little excited, and super proud!DSC_0100

My plan was to take her out for an ice cream treat or something special afterwards.  She found that “something special” on her own as we were leaving – The fountains at Polaris.  I almost said no – after all, I had no swimsuit, no swim diaper, no towel, no sunscreen, no extra clothes, nothing to prepare me for this.  But her enthusiasm won out, and I stripped her down to her diaper and let her run.  It was well worth it…

       DSC_0102       DSC_0107       DSC_0108

            DSC_0110         DSC_0109

I dried her off with the little underwear covers that some dresses come with and slid her dress back over her head.  We headed to the bank to open a new account.  She loves the bank – a sucker on every visit, and she got a coloring book this time with crayons to keep her busy.  We got home, and she showed off her new (no longer styled) hair-do to her daddy and sister.  And wanted to snuggle her sister.  Ellie tolerated it briefly… even though she adores her big sister, she doesn’t adore being held by her.

DSC_0113

No comments: