But it has been awhile since I blogged; so, here it is. My parents came to take care of the girls on Friday night so Jeremy and I could go out to eat and then to the Marriage Course at our church. It is something we have committed to once a month. It is good to know that you are getting out and getting away. We went out with another couple from church. They have three girls of their own, so it is a breath of fresh air for all of us.
The highlight of the week: Madison making Ellie laugh – really laugh – on the couch Saturday afternoon. It was the cutest thing. I wish she would realize how much Ellie loves her. Sometimes Madison can be so sweet and the next second she is launching something at her, or flinging her legs all over carelessly grazing Ellie’s head. It is just often enough it makes me nervous leaving them alone. Today Ellie sat in her buzzy seat and watched Madison play with play dough – peaceful and content watching her big sister. It is precious.
We were able to go out walking with Grace and Tara on Wednesday. Then, I decided to bite the bullet and take the girls… by myself… to a gathering at some friend’s house for supper. It went okay, but our time was cut short by Ellie’s crying. We came home and got baths and to bed in a very timely manner. Although it would have been easier with Jeremy, I felt like eating – even quickly – with others would be worth it. And it was. Sometimes it is worth the risk, and exhaustion, to get out. Madison and I had a special outing to go play at the park while Jeremy watched Ellie. Here are two pictures.
Hope everyone has a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment