So, I woke up today and it looked to be a beautiful day. I thought I would take the girls on a walk to the park since I just bought a double stroller – strollers are our major baby splurge. Some people pay mega bucks for furniture and other things; we pay big money for strollers. Hopefully, this one will be as good as the last. It is a Baby Jogger City Mini Double. At any rate, I called Tara to ask if her and Grace wanted to join us. They did. So, at 10am (right on time with my mental timeline), the kids were loaded in the car. The car would not start. All we got was a whirring sound. No good. Madison is in the back repeatedly asking about the park. No can do. See, we had to head to the store first to buy the car seat adapter for the stroller. For some reason, I didn’t just get it at the same time I got the stroller; I think I was hoping I would find a better deal online. I called AAA for a tow. I called Tara to inform her about my predicament. She offered to pick up the part at the store and then come walk with us. Without this part, I also couldn’t later walk to pick up the car from the garage (easily accessible from the bike trail). So, Tara (and AAA) was my hero today. Madison was a good sport throughout the whole thing. We walked around outside near the house while we waited. We ended up getting to go to the park for a little bit, but it was cut short due to it almost being lunchtime. Ellie (and me) had her first outdoor nursing experience since her 3 hour time period also lapsed during our wait. It was a success and bought us some extra time at the park. All and all, it was not so bad. I am thankful for the beautiful weather to make it all a little more bearable. The repair shop said they couldn’t find a specific problem, but a couple of things looked a little wore out; they recommended a tune-up. So, we will walk back there this afternoon and pick the car up. Hopefully, the problem will be fixed for quite awhile. Here are a few pictures of our joyful start…
Monday, February 27, 2012
A Day at the Park…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment