It has been awhile since I posted. I think it gets harder the more tired you are and the less free time you have. I will continue to post though, so don’t give up on checking! Jeremy had another three days away from home. My parents were able to come on Monday night and Tuesday to give me a change of pace. I didn’t need them like I did that second week back from the hospital, but they were valuable to us nonetheless. It gave me a chance to run a few errands on Monday night. Then, Tuesday, I cleaned the bathroom, folded some clothes, and relaxed a little. There is something relaxing about not being the sole person responsible.
I tried to take a few pictures to document Ellie’s growth – poor second children get the short end of the stick! While I was photographing, she was a bit tired and weary of her sister who was crawling around her.
Before Jeremy left for work, he bought Madison a bath time baby so she could give her baby a bath while Ellie got a bath. I gave it to her the day Grandma and Grandpa were here. She loved it!
My dad says he can take credit for Ellie’s first smile, and I’ll give it to him. We have seen her give a smile, but I don’t know if it was in response to anything consistently. I think dad got the first smile because he had time to just sit with her :) Here it is:
Finally, a little tummy time…. she usually will just lay with her head on the floor. Unlike Madison though, she seems fairly content to be in that position. I put her on the boppy for a little support. She seemed to enjoy that for awhile.
Overall things are good. One night is very different from the next. Good nights I think I may be able to manage this baby stage. Bad nights, my thoughts wonder if she’ll ever get on a schedule. Her one month check up is Monday; growth statistics to come :) Have a great end to the week.
1 comment:
So sweet! Love the pics!!! Hope you are getting some rest amongst the madness of newborn-land... so worth it though.
Post a Comment