I can’t believe how fast a month goes. It happened much quicker with this one than it did with the first one. I think it was all more overwhelming emotionally with Madison – just a clueless feeling that pervaded my whole being. At least this time I know that I can’t know everything and am more apt to roll with the punches. That being said, I do freak out occasionally when Ellie doesn’t do what she is “supposed” to. Madison went to the sitter today, so that Ellie and I could go to two different doctor’s appointments – one for her hip ultrasound (breech babies get to do this) and the one month check up. So, she is much different than Madison. Madison was in the 25th percentile FOREVER for her weight and height; not until she was a year old did she rank in the 50th percentile. Ellie is already in the 90th percentile in all categories. I think that this is not bad – I think the extra pounds has given me a couple extra hours at night that I didn’t have with Madison. It also makes her feel more sturdy and less breakable… helps to build the confidence :)
So here are the stats:
- Weight: 8lbs 9oz at birth.…10lbs 10oz at one month (2lbs 1 oz weight gain)
- Length: 20-1/2in at birth…. 22in at one month (1-1/2 in growth)
- Head: 15in at birth……….. 15-1/2in at one month (1/2 smarter)
She also started with cloth diapers today. I started Madison at one month old, and she was smaller. It is way different putting them on such a little muchkin than putting them on Madison, but I am getting the hang of it again. Babies give you LOTS of diapering practice. I just picked today to make the switch because why not and because I am tired of buying diapers every week at the grocery store! So expensive! A few pictures from today while doing tummy time. Well, one is just a body shot with her big diaper so you can see her whole body. I think the bottom right picture just shows some mischief to come (sorry it is a little blurry).
1 comment:
She is a lil' chunk :-). I'm wanting to make the cloth switch but Anna is still so little it seems like she is swimming in them. I keep saying just one more pack of diapers. Hopefully once she at least gets to 8 lbs it won't seem so huge
Post a Comment