Thursday, February 2, 2012

When Daddy is Gone….

….the girls will play!  Jeremy had to be out of town from Monday through Wednesday evening for work.  I decided to stay here instead of heading to one of the grandparents’ houses.  I figured at some point, you just learn to do it.  It went fairly well.  It is tiring to be a single parent (and single parents everywhere, I say, “Keep it up!”).  The hardest part is trying to give Madison the time she deserves.  Ellie was nursing every 2 hours during the day on at least one if not two of those days.  It leaves little down town for playing with Madison.  I decided to send Madison to the sitter on Tuesday.  I felt incredibly guilty when I dropped her off – like, what kind of mother just puts her kid in daycare when she is off work?  However, I needed a break to try to catch up on some sleep, and Madison needed someone to just play with her for a day.  I think it is a win-win situation, but not a daily necessity. 

  • On Monday, Tara and Grace came to play for a few hours in the morning.  Madison wanted to be a good big sister and hold Ellie too.

                     DSC_3612                  DSC_3608

  • Tuesday, Madison went to daycare.  After I picked her up we went to the park; it was a nice day, and it felt good to get out of the house.  Tuesday evening our neighbors who have a little boy about Madison’s age invited us over for supper.  So, we spent some time playing there. 

       DSC_3607        DSC_3605

DSC_3604

  • On Wednesday, we painted (whoa… I need paint tips from those with 2 year olds – brushes? hands? type of paint?), blew bubbles, and walked to the park.  I wore Ellie in a carrier and pushed Madison in the stroller.  This worked, but I am thinking we definitely need a double stroller!  Jeremy made it home just in time to give Madison a bath – thank goodness!

         DSC_3613         DSC_3614

         DSC_3620         DSC_3619

         DSC_3618        DSC_3616          

It is not just me that misses Jeremy when he is gone.  While I was rocking Ellie in the girls’ room, Jeremy was getting Madison’s pjs on in our room.  I heard her say, “I miss you, daddy.  Hugs?”  He said, “You want to give me a hug?”  And he picked her up, and I didn’t hear anything for quite awhile, until I hear her say, “Kiss.”  She gave him a kiss, and then they were back to putting on pajamas.  I am pretty sure that I was not the only one who had tears in their eyes.  It was the sweetest thing to hear. 

No comments: