Sunday, February 26, 2012

An Update

It has been what seems like an eternity since I last blogged.  It is probably almost 2 full weeks at least.  A few things have happened since then, so here are the highlights….

Tara and Grace came over one Wednesday night for supper.  Well, actually, Tara - being the sweet person she is - brought us supper.  We had a great night playing.  Tara also gave the girls a bath – a nice break for me :)  Grace is petrified of the baby monitor.  The fear started last time she came to visit and she remembered the evil device this time around.  We tried to trick her by hiding it, but when Ellie cried the trick was ruined!  It is a bit funny, although I am sure it is not nice to laugh at the girl’s expense.

       DSC_3663        DSC_3662

Big Trip Home!  We went home President’s Day weekend for my “old” youth group’s annual gathering.  This was Ellie’s first big trip; coincidentally, it was also Madison’s first big trip.  All went well.  We left on Friday morning.  (Jeremy had logged overtime hours and had the '”day off.”)  We went to my parents’ house and Jeremy’s parents came over for supper.  It was a good evening.  Ellie had a little bit of a rough weekend sleeping wise, but that may have been expected since she was in a new place, plus, I was sleeping in the room with her and could hear ever noise… never helps!  Here are some pics from the night:

       DSC_3670                   DSC_3666

On Saturday, we went to see Great-Grandpa Bricker and any others that were around in Brickerville.  It was fun to see people again.  Ellie was a champ, but fussed some at Great-Grandpa.  We were just there for the morning through lunch.  I had forgotten how everything revolves around nursing when you want to travel.  You have to wait to leave until just after the little one has nursed so you don’t have to stop along the way.  It makes for interesting traveling as you can’t plan to much.  This is her great-aunt Marianne holding her and Great-Grandpa.  Madison found ways to entertain herself including having a tea party with the dolls and toys at the tiny table… so cute!

                  DSC_3677                         DSC_3675

       DSC_3679        DSC_3680

That same afternoon we went to the youth group gathering.  It was so nice to see people and reconnect a little bit.  I actually left and got there without kids or husband.  He brought them after Madison woke up.  It gave me some adult time to chat.  There are now a lot of little ones running around the house and disrupting all conversations.  It is quite entertaining!  I think there are 9 kids total (unless I miscounted).  Madison even got to help give one of them a bottle :)

       DSC_3685        DSC_3683

Zoo Day at the church… Madison and I met Tara and Grace (and lots of other people) at our church last Monday for a day when the Columbus Zoo brought animals to visit.  They brought seven different animals and talked about them.  It was a good time.  I would love to show you pictures, but I dropped the bag with the camera and broke the shutter which is, I have learned, an expensive repair.  Now we have no working camera and need to decide whether to repair (and not have a camera for weeks) or replace (which is more expensive).  To see pictures of this day and a little more from supper on Wednesday with Grace and Tara, you can go to Tara’s blog at http://gracecatherineanderson.blogspot.com/2012/02/friends-zoo-day-and-cosi.html

So, I’ll sign off and maybe get another post in later about little stories and tidbits that have been on my mind… this was just the nuts and bolts.  Saying good-bye from all of us, including the #10 grandkid for my parents.  Have a great week.

DSC_3687

No comments: