Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Glasses Galore!

At some point in January, my mom noticed that Madison was squinting when looking in the distance.  Then, when we sat in the balcony at church, she said she couldn’t see the screen very well.  So, we made her an appointment to see the eye doctor.  Besides those two things, she had not mentioned anything about not seeing at school to us.



Well, what do you know?  She needed glasses – not on the verge of needing glasses, but actually needing them.  So, we picked them out that day.  A week later (on March 1), her glasses arrived!  She was so confident when she put them on.  She admired how she looked, and she loved them.  I was so glad, and so proud of her for just rolling with it.  I’m not sure I felt the same way when I got glasses for the first time when I was in 2nd grade.  But she rocks them!



Well, in February, we had a well visit for both girls.  Ellie did not pass the screening, although I had heard no complaints about her about her vision.  So, I made an eye appointment for her.



What do you know?  She needed glasses, too!  She does like to be like her big sis, but this was a little ridiculous.  But she had a good example on how to handle getting glasses.  So, she handled it really well, too.  On March 25, we picked up her glasses. And she looks awesome!



I am so grateful for their positive attitudes and doctors that can correct vision!

No comments: