After breakfast, we headed out on a new adventure – rock climbing… in a gym. Jen and Arturo rock climb together. None of the rest of us had ever tried it before, but we were game. So, we went to Vertical Endeavors to try our hand at it. I must say, I had a blast. And so did the girls!
We started by getting fitted in all our gear – harness, special shoes. Even the littlest one prepped for the big moment.
Then, we listened to directions on how to use the equipment and the safety measures we needed to take. Jen and Arturo got certified to belay us. Finally, we were ready. The girls strapped up first. And they were hooked. Jen and Arturo were very patient as they helped multiple people before every climbing themselves.
Arturo and Madison climbed side-by-side to the VERY TOP of the one wall. Such a cool experience for Madison to make it to the top!
I worked at reaching new heights as well. In the first picture, you can see Jen, Ellie and I all climbing. Then, I conquered the highest wall they had – 60 feet!
After rock climbing, we went to the Mall of America – another adventure to conquer. We didn’t have much of an agenda here. Madison wanted earrings, and Ellie wanted a Squishie. We found both at one of the three Claire’s Boutiques. We also walked through a souvenir shop, a cheese store, various levels of escalators, an amusement park, Lego store, and a pretzel shop. We got out of there sooner than most people I imagine.
This was the perfect t-shirt to spy. All week, the girls had been saying how all their wishes were coming true – the top floor hotel room, pancake maker, finding a Squishie, being with Zadie, going swimming, and the list goes on. So, we dubbed Minneapolis the place where all your wishes come true. Move over Disney!
We ended with one more supper at Jason and Niki’s before turning in at the hotel.
No comments:
Post a Comment