On Saturday, we had the pleasure of getting together with Jeremy’s cousin, Beth, her husband (Don) and their grandkids. They were in the area and wanted to stop in to see us. So, we got together at Gloria’s for supper. It was such an easy time. The girls hung out with the grandgirls – ages 3 and 5. They got along brilliantly. It was fun to watch and hear them play.
Day 9: Mix up Christmas Cookies. Ellie helped me mix up traditional cut outs. I used this recipe from Pinterest that is almost identical to my aunt’s that I have used for years. The difference is that I didn’t have to chill this dough, although due to our time frame, we did anyway. They are delicious and they roll well without chilling… or with a little muscle if you do chill.
Day 10: Cut out and Bake Cookies. This went so well this year. The girls can independently cut cookies while I mixed up more dough, pulled cookies out of the oven, and washed up dishes.
Day 11: Frost Cookies with Friends. This was the day I was most excited about this week. I had secretly invited 2 of their friends to come home after school and frost cookies, eat supper, and then head home. It worked so well, and everyone was so excited! We frosted A LOT of cookies!
Day 12: Eat Snowman Cookies for Supper. Always a favorite. I had also been away at a conference and it made for an easy supper.
Day 13: Shop for food for a Food Pantry. I took the girls to the grocery store, told them they each had $20 to buy food for People-to-People, and then let them pay for it with my credit card. I had them use mental math to try to get as close to $20 as possible. They both were within $3. Pretty good, I think.
Finally, a little glimpse at my movie watching partner the other night…
No comments:
Post a Comment