Thursday, December 26, 2019

Our Christmas

The girls woke up early Christmas morning.  Jeremy and I dragged ourselves out of bed by about 7:30, I think.  And the talking, questions, can we open gifts started right away. 

We started with Santa’s gift – a treehouse for the American Girl Dolls.  It was out and unwrapped, so it was kinda hard to do anything without noticing it.

Then, we convinced them that we could take a break to eat breakfast.  On the menu: Flap Jacks, baked apples, powdered sugar, blueberries, and/or whipped cream for filling, eggs with ham and cheese.  It was all pretty good if I do say so myself.  With the assistance of some happy helpers – because, you know, if you help clean up, you can open gifts faster – we moved on to Christmas quickly. 

First order of business, give Pepper his gift (a longer lasting treat) so that he stays out of our hair for awhile. 

Second, the girls gave their gifts to us and one another.  Most of the gifts were handmade, which I appreciate at this point in their lives.  Ellie made Jeremy a computer card and me a picture.  Madison gave Jeremy a drawing of Rudolph and a origami type candle and me a picture she colored. 

Ellie gave Madison some Hatchimals and a certificate to play “President” for 10 times…. even when she didn’t want to.  Madison gave Ellie some homemade lip balm (thanks for that gift, Chloe!) and a kit to make a bead bracelet/necklace that she had designed.  I love the look on Ellie’s face in the one photos as she watches as Madison opens her gift from her; such pride, joy, and anticipation.

Then, we opened the rest of the gifts. 

    

Jeremy headed out to pick up his brother’s family who was flying in from Minnesota.  I think this duty is something Jeremy has picked up because it reminds him of his dad who did this for anyone flying in on Christmas day.  It is a gift to anyone flying in. 

While he was gone, I finished making food for the evening gathering at Grandma Yoh’s, took Pepper for a walk, and picked up a bit.  The girls busily put together their new Lego sets and started playing with them.  My parents came to say hi for a bit.

     

And then,we took off for the next fun thing…

No comments: