My parents hosted this party. It was a good space to have people. Mainly, my family was there. Jeremy’s family, with the exception of his parents, are at a disadvantage because they live states away; so, sadly, they miss out on a number of events. It was good to have everyone together again. We had shredded chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, apples with dip (outrageously good – thanks, Jen!), rotel cheese dip with chips, and veggie tray. I thought it was a pretty tasty spread. Ellie seemed a bit overwhelmed by all the bodies around her. When I left to go into the kitchen for about 2 minutes, she realized I was gone and let loose! From that point on, she pretty much was pinned to my lap – no one wants to listen to a screaming baby… even when it is her party! (Although this picture is from the cake portion of the night, it defines the night in many ways…)
Mom and I decorated two cakes – chocolate with chocolate frosting and confetti with white frosting. Ellie wasn’t too sure what she thought of this new food when her little fingers dug into the frosting during picture time. After I managed to get her to taste it, she seemed more enthusiastic.
Progressed to this….
By the end, the cousins could hardly contain themselves and were pretty much crowded around as close as that many bodies can get for the entire time. It was both claustrophobic and cute at the same time. (Somehow it felt different than these pictures portray!)
Ellie got hooded towels, bibs, socks, pet shop toys, elefun ball poppr, musical insturments, stuffed toys, and outfits. It was a fun time.
Finally, the birthday girl was done, and others enjoyed themselves for the few moments before heading home. This is one of my favorite pictures of the night of Madison and Megan – the dancing princesses.
Ellie is amazing. I looked at her tonight and said so Jeremy, “Isn’t she so cute? I can’t stand it!” And she is. I know she is super touchy about letting others close, and although most of the time this really irritates me. Every once and awhile, I realize how blessed I am by all those extra snuggles and pleading eyes. She is (most likely) our last one, and I think it makes it all a little more memorable. She is a cuddler. She wants to talk so badly – she is pretty much never quiet… just doesn’t have a large vocabulary yet. I am waiting for those first steps to come along and hoping they come soon. She is not a lightweight, but it makes her all the better to snuggle and kiss. I love this one just as much as I did the first. Blessings, Ellie, in the next year as you grow, develop, and discover new things.
Update...
Here are her 12 month stats:
No comments:
Post a Comment