Grandma and Grandpa Yoh gifted Madison with ballet lessons this year for her birthday. As a part of that she was able to be a part of the spring performance of Cinderella. At first, she was scared she was going to have to be a mouse. She didn’t have to. (But the mice in the ballet were super cute!) Instead, she rehearsed every Saturday since January to be a “Fairy of the Spring.” There were fairies for every season that helped the fairy godmaother present Cinderella with her magical pieces – a dress, a tiara, a pumpkin (carriage), and glass slippers. I think these little fairies stole the show. They were the youngest dancers (4-8 year olds I would guess) and obviously adorable.
Here she is ready to go:
It took me a number of youtube videos and lots of gel and hairspray to perfect this bun! She danced with four other spring fairies – a few veterans and one newbie like her.
It was a lot of work the week of the performance as it is with any drama/performing arts program. We were there for two hours on Sunday, Thursday, and Friday to practice. Every night I told Jeremy, “Madison is adorable, but something is not going right in the group.” Part of what was not “going right” is that Madison had to lead the fairies in a circular pattern at one point before splitting off into two groups. She did a few too many circles every time and no one knew when to split apart. Finally, on Saturday while practicing in the hallway before the first performance, she GOT IT!!!! I was so proud of her! The spring fairies looked much more orderly after that. They were still not perfectly in-sync, but that is what makes them so cute, right?
I helped backstage for rehearsals and the first performance on Saturday. The girls had to be there an hour before the performance, and then wait for their part about 20 minutes into the ballet. It was a long time to be so pretty and careful in costume. They did a great job though. Most of their time was spent coloring.
On Sunday, I was able to watch from the audience along with Grandma and Grandpa Yoh,
Grandma and Grandpa Ediger,
Luke, Steph, Sam, and Lilli,
Ken and Lois,
and Jeremy and Ellie. It was so awesome!
Afterwards, the girls wanted to take pictures with all the ballerinas. I told a fellow dance mom it was like being at Disney and needing to get pictures with all the characters. Thankfully, the lines weren’t long.
Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother
The Stepmother and The Stepsisters (Haughty and Naughty)
And her dance instructor, Miss Stephanie.
It was a new experience to be a part of. I hadn’t ever seen Madison on such a big stage. I had seen her sing at preschool and on the risers at school, but those were minor in comparison. I was proud of Madison for her courage to go out on stage in front of everyone. She loved it!
Here is her part on video: ON YOUTUBE… click here.
No comments:
Post a Comment